Ya, life has been crazy since coming back from Christmas! Had a wonderful time. Would not trade it for anything! I do believe we will have to not do the sleeping on the floor thing next time. Floor sleeping, lots of sitting and less exercise resulted in some pretty stiff bodies! Poor David was all bent over like an old man. Then we both came down with the hacking, snorting, coughing spitting gagging until you hurt all over kind of cold. A friend told us about using Oregano oil sublingual--knocks the snot right out of you! At least it was not the flu! I do feel that I have been "missing while in action." Not away without leave, just incommunicado-- missing while being active!
Little by little we are digging out and getting back in the groove. I don't know how David can go to work when he feels lousy, but I am looking at that with MS energy I guess.
Made a good contact for future book sales! Spoke with a lady who had read my book. Turns out she is on the committee that picks the speakers for NM Homeschoolers Assoc. Wow, that will be great if the ask me to be one of the speakers! I think homeschoolers would be a good market for Sassy Pants and Sassy Pants Makes Amends.
Am finding it difficult to discipline myself to stay with one project and take it to completion. I keep hopping around between three different writing projects and two knitting projects, (actually three-I am dying to make myself a sweater of the wool Meilee got me for Christmas) the piano, and filming for you-tube!
Oh! I almost forgot! We have a new member to the family--sort of. After awarding custody of my piano to Meilee 15 years ago, I had to have one. I had to be able to make music, not just listen to it. There is a big difference! When we left it with her we thought we would be reunited within a year or two. Ha! The cost of shipping is such that I might as well buy another one and let her have that one! I have squirreled away a dollar here and five there. A couple weeks ago I found a beautiful walnut spinet piano for the exact amount I had saved! Getting it here is proving to be a challenge. Every time I have a crew lined up one of them gets sick or gets work! Well, it will come and when it does I will put a picture on the blog--maybe by myself! Woo hoo! Well it is time for me to be responsible and take myself to bed--get rid of all vestiges of this nasty cold!
Blessings, Carol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment