Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What 'sapp'nin!

I think this is the trough between the waves! Things are relatively calm. I was just saying that David's heart was finding its own beat since the ablation. He seems to be leveling off and stabilizing on the coumadin. He has returned to his research on prostate cancer . . . life is settling into "normal!" NOT!! Last night he reported that he had crouched down and leaned against the wall during a prayer session. When he stood up, he took a grip on an office divider and it was a good thing! He basically passed out on his feet! When he "came to" he could hear people talking, but sort of far away. Now that was another sneaker wave hitting! I am assuming that he will report this to the hot line if he hasn't done it already. In the meantime, I am asking that he not do any more of that squatting stuff.

And me? Oh, I am doing okay--doing everything slower than I would like to move. I seem to have difficulty accepting that life is to be lived in a slow gear. I keep wanting to do 60 mph in first gear. Not going to happen! I think there is something I am not seeing here--like another way to accomplish the same thing. The goal is to get the message out; to sell books so more can be published, so how to do that without physically being where the sales need to happen? I think it is called marketing, and I think it means learning to use the computer tools that are available. But, do you know how painful that learning is? Well, I am into it and trying to lay a foundation for a "business." It is all so slow!  Aggggh! It would be so much easier to have someone else do it for me. I am tempted to bail on it but I know that is no answer at all. Whenever a believer bails on anything God called them to do, the devil wins--not an option for me. So, I slug on. I'm educating myself on stuff that is outside my comfort zone, reading articles, learning facebook, thinking through logo stuff so we can design a business card, etc. So that's the latest update--that's wha' 'sapnin'!

Hope you are all well and rejoicing!

Blessings, Carol

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - Have been following your Blog for a goodly long time, but have not posted. My prayers have been there through David's trials, and your learning to slow. However, what I really write about is buying two copies of your Sassy Pants books for my library here in Palouse. Let me know what's the best way to accomplish this. Thanks Mary Estes

The "other" Carol Brown said...

Good for you. Being out of our comfort zones is definitely not comfortable, but it generally seems to be good for us.

Love, Carol

Vanessa's Dad said...

We'll continue to keep you both in our prayers.

David, keep on truckin'

Brother Mike

Unknown said...

Sometimes small simple things can make a huge difference. Be patient. Please don't give up. Keep studying - I think in time we will find a simple switch - a simple thing that boom makes big differences!

Vanessa's Dad said...

Glad to see that David is moving around again. Movement is good. Just gotta watch that bending over stuff.

It's good to be busy, but everything in moderation. All in due season. Mantra for the day, "There's time enough for everything that has to be done by me today." Repeat as necessary.

Unca Mike