Technology is the most frustrating thing mankind has invented to date! No matter what I try to do this silly blog pops up whether called for or not! Finally decided I had better blog and then maybe it will stop doing that! God has His ways, eh?
Well, this week David has been gone -- continuing education. He will be rolling in sometime late tonight/possibly tomorrow morning really early?? They took off after the session ended this afternoon. It will be good to have him back. Being apart probably helped us get over our respective upper respiratory infections. He took cough meds along in case he needed them so he would not disrupt the sessions but didn't need them. I have just been taking life very slowly. I'm aware of a lot of weakness. In spite of that I did get the sheets changed, the door knobs, lightswitches, sinks and counter tops all washed down with an antibacterial/antiviral concoction. The house feels a lot cleaner. Been running the vaporizor with lavener oil which is also antibacterial/antiviral. Makes everything smell clean and fresh.
Also this week I was able to format the second Sassy Pants book, Sassy Pants Makes Amends and sent that in today. Monday I should hear from them when production starts. They said this one will only take 6 months instead of 9. Guess they have some of the legal stuff already in place so they just tag onto that--don't know why it will take less time. Hopefully it will be out in time for Christmas shopping!
Our snow is almost gone but the air still has a definite nip. We just have a couple ice cubes as reminders of the mountain of snow that was pushed off the drive! The songbirds are back in force and robins all over the yard. The moles are also hard at work. Mom says the backyard looks like some big work horse left his calling card all over! The moles or shrews or whatever they are have made it a mess with their little mounds of dirt pushed up! Our neighbor has some very effective traps, so hopefully when he is done in his yard he will come hunting in ours!
Had fun this afternoon talking with Katherine. Her speech is clearing up nicely. Sure would like to fly out but given David's heart surgery that is not going to happen anytime soon. After his surgery I have a little book trip lined up for northern Indiana. Michelle will fly in the 13th, drive David around for tests on the 14th, surgery the 15th and then he loses the keys for a few days! We are praying that this surgery corrects the problems his heart has been having. Funny how that developed so quickly--almost like the date was programmed in--on this day, heart problems!
Hopefully we will get a new camera one day. The last one we had had a close encounter with the car door--and that was in Victoria. Sigh. I so appreciate Mike's and the girls pics, I'd like to reciprocate. One day, maybe! On the other hand, not all that much is happening! Trust everyone is well out there--let's keep it that way!
Blessings, Carol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment