As well as laundry and a mirad or little things on my To-Do list I walked by one of David's piles one time too many. I got a garbage bag--that pile was going to bite the dust! Then I had this nudge that I better look through the pile--just in case.
I found a much smaller pile of keeper things, including a picture of Antonio all decked out in his soccer uniform and two checks made out to ME! Whew, that was close. But here is the keeper I titled this post after:
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...WOW!! What a ride!" Anonymous
Yup, I am taking this on as my philosophy for life! Of course, I plan to apply it with wisdom as a good steward of the resources the Lord has given me--but I fully intend to use it up, pour it out and wear my sneakers down to the threads!
Just in case you missed my facebook post the other day, I received an email from a lady in Croatia! I asked the Lord to take these books to the people who needed to read them. So far He has taken them to Japan, South Africa, Israel, Germany, Austria, Finland, England, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Thailand, Taiwan, all over the U.S.and now add Croatia. These are just the ones I know about! Pretty amazing.
Now back to folding laundry. G'nite all.
Blessings, Carol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a good philosophy to me. Congrats on adding Croatia to your book list.
Post a Comment