Thursday, December 10, 2009

Winter Moved In!

We just invited him over for a sleep-over! He came in all quiet like during the night and now he won't leave! But if you watch the weather at all you know. Today we are supposed to have blizzard like conditions. A swirl of snow just flew by the window to punctuate that sentence!

I guess the birds have found a cozy place to ride out the storm. I saw one hungry cardinal and one little black snowbird--that's it. Usually the blue spruce right outside our kitchen door is a virtual airport. The little guys land there to make sure it is going to be safe and then launch from the tree to the feeder. Someone is either coming or going most of the time--except today!  The first snow was really wet and heavy. The flakes are much smaller today, but they keep coming and coming. Sure hope it stops by tomorrow. That would be my last massage before taking off to Seattle so I do not want to miss!

Meilee's inlaws send us a round of Couger Gold cheese every year. It arrived, but we didn't realize it. Jim came over to check on Mom and found it. We have been enjoying since. We love that cheese! It is the taste of Christmas. This year I am making "after Christmas Pudding." The pudding makes Christmas for my brother Denny--but he has no address! He is in northern Minn. dickering on a piece of property but he doesn't have it yet.

I now have two publishers to keep happy and they have kept me busy. We take off for Seattle on Wed. and on Monday I have to do a marketing schpeel and video that to send to the publisher! Oy! I think I can still get the gifts wrapped and the bags packed in time. Let's pray it warms up a bit so the roads clear. It could be nasty driving to Chicago.

Rather than shovel snow for an hour and then maybe still not be able to drive out the driveway, David decided to hike to work! We have a nasty angle and then you have to stop at the worst part because of the street. Sometimes you can't get going again and have to back down that slippery drive and do it again! Ugh! Well, this will be my last bit before taking off and maybe till the end of the month! We had to leave early and come back late to get the cheap ticket so we will be back Dec. 30.

Do have a great holiday and a wonderful Christmas--the scent of evergreen and bay berry, a warm blanket, hot chocolate, a good book! Aaah! Merry Christmas.

Blessings, Carol

No comments: