Today I spent the whole afternoon filming! Not quite a movie star yet--just another author hawking her merchandise! Filming is exhausting! I would go along fine and suddenly forget my next line. Take 2 and 3 and 4, etc. The publisher wanted a schpeel for the first book as well as this second one. I tried to do both in one afternoon. Probably not a good idea! I kept mixing up the titles of the books. I imagine they will shake their heads--what kind of goofy woman can't remember the title of the book she wrote!
My friend Peggy is a bit more advanced than I with technology. She has three kids who are engineers or soon to be engineers and her husband is up there in aeronautical engineering--so she has had to get over being technophobia! She did the filming and is going to edit for me. We are hoping she can cut out all the silliness and the places I forgot. You know how you get silly when you start to tire? We got to laughing over my mixing up the titles, but finally got hold of ourselves. So in a while you can find me on youTube--or have someone help you find me!
Excitement! I heard from the Sassy Pants people. They have started! This month will be what they call a "quiet month." When the copy editing is done they ship it to the folk who do the "conceptual editing." They will call me--I've been warned! In May they will do the illustrations. I can hardly wait!
I finally broke down and hired someone to help me with the website. It has done very little. I need someone to coach me in how to effectively use a website. I want it to be able to do ministry as well as create income. I hear of it being done all the time, just don't know how to make it happen. Hopefully, this guy will be a great help.
Well, that is the latest for me. I am so beat I'm going to bed. I will deal with the other two things on today's "must get done today" list tomorrow. G'nite all.
Blessings, Carol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment