Monday, December 6, 2010

Knew I Forgot!

Just had this niggling feeling that I forgot a couple things in my last post. Sure enough, I remembered them when it was too late to do anything about it!

David had a full body bone scan. Doc is hyper vigilant to make sure the cancer was contained to the prostrate and not out wrecking ravock anywhere else. Results came back that there was nothing there . . . ooo, now that sounds bad! Ha, ha! Okay, he's normal . . . now that is scary, David, normal. Oh, I better quit! The cancer is still contained--how about that.

The other thing was a Katherine report. I thought and thought about her gift for Christmas when Meilee told me that she is into her pink and purple phase. I remembered that Kristen had a pink/purple phase at about that age and I knitted her a sweater dress--just made a really long sweater. The back was purple, the front pink and one arm pink and the other purple. Then I made contrasting patch pockets and put them on all wonky. She loved it!

Tues. when we went to the dentist for my broken tooth all he did was look at it and say, yup, you broke it. It will take 1 1/2 hrs to fix a temporary--do you have the time? No, David had to get to the hospital for that body scan so we made an appt. and left. All that free time--what to do? Michael's! We could get the yarn I needed for this wild sweater dress! Michael's was out of my colors. Can you believe? Guess a lot of little girls are in the pink/purple phase! Well, I had to have yarn so I looked further and found a wool instead of acrylic (I try not to do that because of the itch factor) but didn't even think about that in my concern to find the right colors! This nice wool is called "Bird of Paradise." I think it fits, don't you--from the pics we see of the "princess." It is pink, purple, electric blue, vivid green and all shades in between and then it repeats itself! Whew! It is so loud you will hear the child long before you see her! So, now, back to knitting. The laundry can wait. I have important things to do!

There! Now that catches you up!   Carol

1 comment:

The "other" Carol Brown said...

I can hardly wait to see a picture of the completed project.

Love, Carol