Christmas knitters are, I have found out rather painfully, not unlike the weekend warriors who work desk jobs all week and think they can play football on the weekend and not be injured. Dream on! I remembered the pink/purple thing and last week promptly went to work on Katherine's sweater dress. My arm became a little sore, but if I hurried it would be done in time to get it there by Christmas. Monday is also laundry day. As I passed through the mechanical room to do the laundry I passed the exercise pulley. Eh, I am here, do the exercise and get it done for the day . . . did it all and went back to knitting. Every opportunity to knit, I took it. That kid is growing, and fast--which means a longer dress!
Tuesday morning I woke up to the most painful rotater cup that I have ever had. I could not lift my arm--at all! Could not move my arm backwards. Oh, that was fun getting dressed. Better yet, try pulling up your jeans! I rubbed on linament, rested it, rubbed on more linament; called the therapist and used a hot water bottle. I thought about a hot shower but I wouldn't be able to dry myself. Air drying your hair is one thing; the rest of you is another! Thursday after all my doctoring, pampering and the heat and all, it was some better. Friday I went to massage therapy. My therapist got hold of that shoulder and knew just what to do. She is good! I have a lot more range of motion now, but no more knitting for another week. Now that puts me even further behind. Nothing for it--I didn't pace myself. I have sent out a warning to Christmas knitters far and wide, "Pace yourselves, ladies! Pace yourselves! You won't exactly blow your rotator cup, but all that repetitive motion can freeze it!"
Merry Christmas preparations to all!
Carol Ann
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you need some Christmas Elves to knit for your.
UNCA
MIKE
Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas Brown family. Hope your had a great day
Post a Comment