Friday, February 18, 2011

Harbingers of Spring!!

And it kept on snowing! Every few days we would accummulate another inch until the snow was up to the railing--approximatel three feet! And then seemingly overnight an almost chinock blew in and we have had a major melt down. It was down right balmy! Maybe we are done with the snow? Maybe. Predicting the last snow in Michigan is a real crap shoot! Anyway, I can see very soggy green grass, that is GREEN grass, folks! It is a very welcome sight after all the greyness that winter brings!

Next a song bird came back from the south. Not sure which one it is yet, but I sure do enjoy his song. We have doves under the feeder--also back from the south. Today as we were out and about I saw a flock of black birds having a very hard time going north. Every time they would be airborne, the wind would gust from the west and blow them off course. They would land, get their bearings and try it again! Quite funny to watch. They never did figure out to head into the wind at an angle and let the wind take them north. Oh, well, I am sure they will reach their destination. We saw open water on the edges of lakes and rivers with geese swimming. Bet that felt good to be back in their element.

And lastly, our final harbinger of spring is the wind. If this keeps up March is coming in like a lion! The traffic lights were hanging at about a 30 degree angle! It should also take care of any lingering snow.

The best news of all is that this next week I will be putting Sassy Pants Makes Amends into the publishing shute! When they give me a production date it will be a nine month process. That was David's "Happy Valentines Day" gift to me! That makes me very happy--but it will also mean I am looking at a lot of work! Prayers?! Please and thank you! (insert smily face with tongue hanging out!)

I was just ready to sign off on this when David's computer thundered--a weather forcast program that alerts you to weather changes with thunder! We could get six--count them, 6 inches of SNOW! OOooh, I thought that we were done with that!

Enjoy your balmy weather, everyone!

Blessings, Carol