Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Now that is snow!

Mother Nature and Old Man Winter teamed up last night and between the two of them we have 15 inches of snow out front and 10 inches in the back of the house. The pile of snow from cleaning the walk is nearly 1/2 way up the front door! To walk up the incline to the garage is like walking through a tunnel. We knew it was coming so David stocked up on the groceries; we have plenty of coffee and blankies—we are good! This is excellent weather in which to write. You don’t want to go anywhere, and you want to keep that nice warm laptop right in your lap!


One of the guys that David works with came this morning with his snow blower and blew out the driveway so David could get to work! The streets have been plowed--these people know how to deal with snow in a big way--but our next door neighbor who always plows our drive decided to go on vacation! So while he is basking in Florida sun, we are blowing snow. Lots of things were cancelled and lots more weren't.


Our birds have completely disappeared. We have been out of seed and David refuses to buy the expensive stuff when you can get more for half the price at a farm supply store on the other side of town. We haven't had occasion to go that direction, so the birds have to wait. He put some suet out and some of those oiled sunflower seeds they are so crazy about but they still have not come out--just all hunkered down waiting for it to pass. When it is all over they will swarm that little feeder!


Into writing a business plan--not sure why, but it kind of feels like it will be a roadmap for me. A business blog will be part of that plan. Meilee has been preaching this for some time--it finally took, it makes sense that if I aim at nothing, I am liable to hit just that. I think! The business blog will serve to promote me as a speaker/teacher, my books, and draw more traffic to my website where, hopefully, interest will convert to sales. That's the idea, the plan! Meilee sat down and in less than 10 minutes rattled off a dozen topics for blog entries, some of which could become series. I would sit in front of my compter and stare at a blank screen when I didn't know why I was doing it. This business plan sort of gives focus, purpose and objective. I needed that and now I can write blog after blog and put them in a file for easy access when we launch it.


And, now I need to quit blethering and get to work on that plan! Wanted to let you all know that we were not blown away in the blizzard of 2011! However, I must remember to have David check the air intake for the furnace to make sure it is not full of snow--that would cut down on heat real fast!


Blessings, Carol

1 comment:

The "other" Carol Brown said...

I was about to email you again to see how much snow you got so this blog was very timely.

Love, Carol