When that is done and I have the new inventory, a friend and I are going to do a library run to all the libraries in town. She has written a book about grief from a kid's perspective--it's really sweet. We are going to donate a copy and sign up for doing a reading at the kids story hour. Then we get to make brochures available so kids can order, or I should say take it home so mom can order!
You have been reading about Meilee's cat adventures. Michelle had an adventure too. Kristen's kitty, Oliver, approximately 6 months old, never been out of the house kitty, suddenly turned up missing. They sort of accepted the fact that he was gone but then he showed up at the house! Oli has earned his stripes as a bonafide "Alaska wild cat." He survived three days and nights in the wilds of Alaska, in the dead of winter no less! Now that is some little snow leopard! Meet Oli! He does look like a mini snow leopard. He has ear tufts and fur between his paw pads! He has the most beautiful big blue eyes.

In other news, I took another tumble. This one I didn't hurt anything but my dignity--and I will get over that! Lesson learned: keep the floor clear of everything! I had a big book order spread out further than it should have been so I didn't have room to correct to regain my balance that I lost because I didn't have foot room!
David has been working fast and furious in preparation for a school they are putting on. It begins tomorrow and goes for 10 consecutive Sat! Also tomorrow we celebrate my mother's 90th birthday. We are doing fish. She didn't want to make a big deal of it because all her friends except 1 are gone. The one still living is in Florida. So we family members who are here are all kicking in and going to get her favorite kind of fish (getting too old to stand there and slave at the stove)! I am making cole slaw, the boys are frying potatoes and Linda is making the birthday cake. Then later in the month Jessica, one of the granddaughters, her husband is throwing a big party because she is turning 30, her mother is turning 60 and Mom is 90! The party is for all three of them and each one thinks it is for the other. Jessica's husband will take care of all the invites and all the food! Now that's a party!
I said this was a quick update and then I ramble on! Do have a wonderful weekend.
Blessings, Carol
1 comment:
Congratulations to Oliver, the wonder cat. He probably used up several of his nine lives so, hopefully, he'll be content to stay inside now.
Sorry about the fall, but glad you weren't hurt.
The birthday parties (both of them) sound nice. What a surprise that second one is going to be for the honorees!
Post a Comment