Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring Sprang

Spring sprang when we weren't looking! Poof! Overnight almost. My little bleeding heart plant is blooming as are the phlox--my they are filling in nicely in some spots and really struggling in others! The leaves have also exploded and dumped a pile of the little bud protectors in front of our door. David tracked them in. I even found some in the bathroom at the other end of the house. Sweeping the sidewalk really helped. With all the pollen in the air we are both coughing, sneezing and blowing...sometimes the eyes run. We have been hearing that it will go on like this all summer because we had such a mild winter that stuff didn't die out like it should have. Sigh. Your chest gets sore after a while!

Not much to tell. Life goes on. David has had a wild spat here with teaching in an ongoing class at The Healing Tree--he works all week and teaches all day Sat. Consequently, when he isn't literally gone, he is present bodily but he is "gone" as far as being able to communicate or do anything together. Then Easter was interjected into that. There is something about celebrating Jesus resurrection that just drives the enemy crazy. Evil is trying to devour people, but God is our redeemer.  If you are watching the news you get what I'm saying.  On the one hand oi yoy, yoy and on the other praise God for restoring. I have hope that this season of craziness is winding down.

I have my own little circus gong on! I am ramping up to do a book launch for Sassy Pants Makes Amends. It will be available in bookstores and online April 17. Someone else got ahead of me so I can't do my launch on the day, but that is okay. I'll take the first opening on the John 3:16 Marketing Network that is available and in the meantime keep compiling all the information and stuff I need to do the launch. Oh, I had a book trailer made...when we get it up on YouTube we will send you a link. Mom loved it...well, it's country, what can I say? I have been so busy building that launch platform that I have done very little writing and beginning to get antsy. Marketing does not refresh me; that understates it well! For a writer, marketing is a necessary evil. Bleck!

(A bit later) Here's the link! http://youtu.be/JCQCOKpX34M

I was making those noises to David so he had me make a list of the books I have yet to write: 4 novels, 2 more children's series which will probably be 6-8 stories and a couple stories already written that have to be published besides the 2 more Sassy Pants stories! That's a total of 18 books to write! Yikes, and I'm spending my time marketing. Well, it has to be done or what's the use of writing the book? I think I better make myself a Geritol Smoothie!

Hope you all are well.

Blessings, Carol

2 comments:

The "other" Carol Brown said...

I liked the "trailer".

Looking forward to reading all those books you're going to write!

The "other" Carol Brown said...

Spring sprang some time ago and summer has almost sunk.

How goes it?

Love, Carol