Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Good News!!

Well, I think that editing dive went deep! The manuscript is off to the publisher and the production conference call will come next week. This is a double check to make sure they have all the pieces before they start printing. I think they do. . .but I will do my own double checking tomorrow. Sassy Pants is also off to the publisher. Production for that one begins in Feb. It takes approx. 6 months once production begins. Then they give themselves an additional 3 months to get product to the shelves and schedule book signings and all that sort of thing. Next fall should be very busy with all of that--but I think it will be fun!

The biggest news of all is that a Canadian friend told us of a breakthough in MS research! They have discovered that MSers have what is probably a congenital defect in the veins that drain blood from the head causing it to back up. They suspect that the pressure forces some blood thru the walls of the veins. Iron in the blood is toxic to brain tissue. Viola! A leisen (sp?) forms. (For some reason, there is no spell check on my blog site!) They do angeoplasty or use stents to open the veins and no more MS attacks! The technology is here and safe. They have been doing angeoplasty for years! The fatigue is greatly improved and some get back their ability to walk--well, normal functioning! I have emailed the doctor to find out how to become involved. I will pack up a van full of MSers and we will be on his doorstep. Just tell me what you need! We will be there! No word yet. We sent word to Linda Brown too.) He has a practice in Detroit and in Hamilton, ON which is just over the border, and no funding! When something actually works, they act with all due caution and then pump something like the swine flu vaccine with no caution whatsoever! Aaaagh! If I get into this study and this works I am going to dance the hava-nigela with my Israeli friend. She thinks I should come to Israel--that is the place for dancing! I like the idea. Nice way to celebrate!

In other news:  Sat. I woke up knowing that I had to get started on the MS book--today! Now! Get at it! I had no idea why God was so insistant about it, but "Yes, Sir!" I worked like a little Trojan all day. Late Sat. night David found the website about the MS breakthrough. Wow! God wanted the book put together so He could write the last chapter!  All these years I would sit down and write it up when I finally got a particular lesson because, I did tell Him that I wanted to learn everything He could teach me thru the disease. I did not want to do another lap around the Sinai! I am hoping and praying that I can get into the study and have the proceedure. I didn't even ask how much it would cost! Sounds like it would have to be out of pocket--but if you get your life back? Who cares?! David had a hard time going to sleep that night. It took him five minutes instead of two!

This little distraction has interrupted my working on Sassy Pants, the series! There is Sassy Pants (done), Sassy Pants Makes Amends (pretty much done--need to try it out on some kids), Sassy Pants and the Strange Creature (started) and the last one: Sassy Pants and Borus Hog (just ideas). After that comes the Tales of Goat Hollow and the Caroline Olivia books. I feel like the miller's daughter! I can hardly see over the pile of work!

David is done with his course! Yeah! He slept until 10:00 today. Boy did he need it! I hope now I will get to see a little more of him than just his vapor trail and dirty clothes.

It's late and tomorrow is another long hard work day!
G'nite. Blessings and hugs, Carol

No comments: