Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Lord Provides--again!

The latest wrinkle! In writing back and forth for Sassy Pants with the acquisition rep,Trinity, I asked if it would be possible to do the illustrations in color--the story begs for color! The way I sent it in, it was 38 pages. The limit for a children's book is 32. A contract for a children's book comes with 10 full page color illustrations! I had sent it without shrinking the font! I work with large print for ease on my eyes and mailed it off that way without thinking! I went back and put the font to 12 instead of 14 and viola I had 28 pages--well within the 32 page limit!! This means no extra financing needed! Is God good or what!

The manuscript for the second adult book will arrive in a day or two and then I will dive for another editing session. When that is complete I move on to making Youtube videos to advertise the up coming release. I'll do it for both books at the same time. Man, what a lot of details! I may forget how to cook by the time this is all over!

It rains and another layer of color falls to the ground. Each time we come down our lane the color is darker, we are another step closer to winter. But I still have a rose blooming! I think that's it for today.

Blessings, Carol

No comments: