Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It feels like a long time since I last wrote, but time is a funny thing. I'm being busy while waiting for editorial feedback. I am trying to conceive of a whole neighborhood and all the funny characters in it. It is almost as if I have to have all the stories in my head so that I know who is related to whom and how and where they live. How far away your buddy lives has something to do with how often you see each other and if you would hike over there after school and things like that. Eventually, I want one of my brothers to sit down with me and draw a map of "The Hollow!" Hmmm. almost like The Hundred Acre Woods!

I am also in the process of putting together a proposal to gather the capital to publish Sassy Pants. I think the book will sell--the publisher has thrown an audio book into the contract at no extra charge! I have done this kind of fund raising in the past, but always for a non-profit, never for myself and for profit! In one way it is ministry, in that the counselors at Healing Tree will be using it as a resource! The plan is to sell like crazy and pay back the investors and then save like crazy to build up capital so that I don't have to do this again! Then, finally, I can enjoy the profits--but not until! When you have lived your life on the "Use it up. Wear it out. Make do. Do without" motto, there is a lot of pull to not go ahead with the project, yet I know that in business, that is how things get done! Prayers please, this is new territory for me!

In other news--winter approaches. We have seen Cardinals all dressed for the winter ball! Told the little guys they were pushing the season but they were not impressed. Then the weather man says we can expect snow! Of all things! So, in preparation we had a doozy of a cold front arrive last night complete with soaking wet downpour rain! So glad we got the leaves and twigs swept off the sidewalk! I do not want another flood! However, we now have more twigs and leaves after all that wind! Guess the Cardinal was right after all. David put out a suet ball--so along with the finch feeder and a regular bird feeder, we have quite an air show!

Mom is perking along. Seems much more content now that brother Jim is taking responsibility for her care. He comes twice a day for blood pressure and meds check and then sits and talks. There is not so much pressure on me to meet all her social needs and that really helps. One of the four nieces in the area, Alycia, is coming to take her shopping tomorrow.

Went to take pictures of the place and discovered that our batteries are dead! Really! I will get some pictures, but I think I will wait until the rain stops--that may be a while! I think I am getting the hang of the blog thing. If I could just remember all the passwords! If I have a Teflon memory now, what will it be in 20 years! I don't want to think about it! : - ) Carol

1 comment:

Vanessa's Dad said...

Just keep seeking to Know and Do God's will, and He will bless that. Even in business.