Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall is my favoite time of year!

Sassy Pants did her thing tonight! The folks loved her and several wanted some for Christmas! Too bad I didn't get started early enough for that--but I'm not going to dwell on that! They are ready to order books--and the contract is not even signed yet! Still waiting to hear from my contact. Guess she is out of the office the entire week. That's okay as it gives me time to get the other contract wrapped up. David read it through and that helped.

The evening tonight was a recovery group and the topic was making amends. I read the chapter where Sassy Pants makes a clean apology and asks for forgiveness without excuses or justification--just a clean taking responsibility for her bad behavior! What I had not realized was that several of the people were wondering about burden bearing so I was asked to talk on that as well and answer questions! Ended up selling 7 books. You just never know. There were some nice people there, I enjoyed it.

Now yesterday we did some errands, and in the course of getting to where we needed to go we saw some fantastic fall colors. I was going to wax eloquent about the beauty in the blog last night, but I was distracted! I am sure that does not happen to you all, but it did to me last night. Our street, Knapp Court is a little dog leg that jutts off the main road (Knapp). It used to go to farms. Our house sits where the garden used to be. But what I'm getting to is the stand of maples where Knapp Court meets Knapp. Oh, they are the most gorgeous yellow! And when the sun shines on them the yellow is so vibrant it is alive! The beauty makes me  want to just stand and stare. I saw a tree tonight that was such a fantastic yellow that it made the tree blush! One side was touched with the rosiest red! It was like the cheek was blushing! Driving home I was thinking of all the different colors: rust and russet, gold and yellow, the reds and browns of the oaks, intersperced with brushes of merlot and sepia green, then deep Prussian green of the evergreen would give way to the olive of weeping willow, borders of brilliant red burning bushes and sumac groves--and then we would turn a corner and be presented with a muddy brown stand of skeletons, completely denuded of foliage. They had to stand there as people drive by without so much as their winter underwear (no snow yet!). Then when you add crisp intoxicating air and a sky that is cerileon blue? Without a doubt, fall is my favorite time of year!

Why is it that when I see this beauty that I have no camera? Now the rain begins and by morning more of the color will have fallen! Sigh! One has to drink in the beauty while it is here and then draw on the memory of it when the sky turn leaden. So with another splash of color, I bid you goodnight!  Blessings, Carol

1 comment:

Vanessa's Dad said...

It's grate that you "drink in" the beauty while it's there. Many of us don't even notice.

LOVE,
MICHAEL