Well, David had his meeting with all the specialists. As suspected, each one pushed his specialty. David felt hustled. He was glad for the material the hospital gave him. We have learned more about prostate cancer than we ever wanted to know. After all that--the hustle, and the speed with which meetings were set up, it makes one wonder what kind of pressure the hospitals put on doctors. Is there a quota they have to meet to be a doc in good standing with the hospital? Each of these guys stands to benefit financially if he were to elect their treatment, yet the research shows 1% or less ever die from prostate cancer, even if they do nothing! So why all the speed and the pressure for an invasive proceedure? On one hand doc says, "Don't sell the farm and book a world cruise," on the other they hustle him to act quickly. Much ado about nothing, or just much ado? Hmmm.
More research. More questions for doc. A friend who is also in this boat has found a doc who has a remarkable record of "cure!" Yup, a cheap treatment relatively speaking. The premise is that cancer is less of a disease and more of the body's coping mechanism. We all have toxins which need to be gotten rid of. If we can't get rid of them fast enough the body puts them somewhere. If, eventually, there get to be too many of them, we have cancer. I haven't read the book yet, but I think the treatment consists of a very thorough cleanse. The doc's secretary worked for him for 13 years and never paid any attention. Then she got cancer--but rather than try his route, she took the conventional approach until she was told that there was nothing they could do--she had 4 mo. to live. Doc came over and said, "Irene, don't you think it is time to give it a try? You don't have anything to lose." Our friend talked to this woman--she was in stage 4 cancer, but was cancer free after just a few weeks! I think we will give it a try. You can endure just about any weird diet for a few weeks!
The beat goes on . . . The final look see on Sassy Pants--she is now off to the art department for the month of May. Someone is going to help her put her face on! In June she heads over to layout and in July she goes to print! Woo Hoo! We will have a book in August! I can hardly wait to see the artwork. Highly Sensitive is at the same stage. There is no artwork there, so it goes directly to layout. Isn't this a process?!
The classes I'm doing on burden bearing are going quite well. I thought on the first one that my brains sort of fell out. Peggy, who is doing the filming, said that if they did she couldn't tell! When it is time to edit, maybe we can edit out the bloopers. I think that I will want to film a little intro and then cut to the classes. That will be three weeks away. I have two more Thursdays to go. You can pray for me. I am so wasted when the class is over that it takes the entire weekend to recover. Monday is laundry. Tues. I begin to prepare for the next class and boom there you are back in front of the camera. I'm glad it isn't any more than 5 classes! It is a challenge to get food on the table and keep things picked up--forget about actually cleaning much of anything!
Had an interesting time Fri. & Sat. Got an email from Michelle requesting baby pics. Her pictures began with middle school. Guess someone is going to do something with pictures at her "Chief's Initiation" party. She doesn't know what!! So David spent hours getting our scanner hooked up and I spent hours pouring over old picture albums. We sent her more pictures than she can probably use, but now she has them and we have scanned a whole bunch so they are digitalized and we can burn them to a disk. They won't fade like they are now! That is going to be a massive project, but I would like to do that with all our pictures for that very reason. Our wedding pictures have a decidedly yellow cast to them. Didn't know about acid free paper in those days.
Anyone else having pollen challenges this spring? When I started to feel like I had the mumps I figured I'd better get some Sudafed and fire up the air cleaner! Whew! One city reported in that the pollen count was 6 X higher than the highest on record. Don't know what that is all about, but it sure makes for a lot of sneezing and itchy nose and eyes! It is such a treat to see all the blooms tho, and watch the trees leaf. I figure, lets eat the Sudafed, keep the Kleenex handy and enjoy all this beauty! Go God!
Blessings, Carol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The problem with modern health care in the US is that it's all about business and profits. Many/most doctors are part of clinics that are run by business managers who know more about profits than health. So, yes, there is pressure and quota's and motivation to do what is profitable. It's sad, and unhealthy.
LOVE,
MICHAEL
Post a Comment