Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Mapping

Well, today David did have his heart mapped, and by Sparky, the specialists' specialist! As it turns out, it is much more complicated than we were led to believe. I have a pretty discouraged hubby, all wired up to another monitor for another 14 days. It beeps at him if his heart starts doing something irregular. It beeped 3 times on the way home and he didn't feel a thing! He had to call in and have them download the readings and clear it so it could record three more. Yoi! He has to wear it to bed.

The stress test guys didn't catch what this guy saw. The upper chambers of the heart are involved; they are fibrillating and the lower chambers racing, and then sometimes there is a long pause. He may still be a candidate for the ablation, but ablation for the upper chambers is a lot more complicated and complex, taking 3-5 hours! Ablation on the lower chamber is a cure 95% of the time and no additional medication is needed and takes 1-2 hours. Ablation on the upper chamber is a cure only 85% of the time and further medication is often needed. There is a strong possibility that he may need a pacemaker and medication whether or not he has the ablation. Sparky put him on coated asprin for the rest of his life! He was not a happy camper!

The results from the next 14 days will determine which route Sparky takes. Although he only wears the monitor for 14 days he has to wait until October to see Sparky! The guy is good; the guy is booked! The guy is going to get a call from David to find out the reason for the three month delay! He realized that was a part of what is chewing on him. They told him to keep to his routine--do all the things he normally does. That means Sunday he will be in the racquet ball court! He will also probably check to make sure they have a defib machine handy! We will see how long he lasts or if his monitor will beep him off the court!

So that is the report on David's trip to the doctor! Do we need a little more stress yet, even?

My web designer quit--two weeks before my website was supposed to be up and functional! I think I have another one lined up and he is right here in GR! Yeah, God.

Sassy Pants is off to the publisher for the last time. We went over the proof--an actual book, to find any glaring mistakes. Found 5, properly noted them, signed all the papers, and now in 4 short weeks we will have a book! Yikes! I finished writing the fourth Sassy Pants book--now to editing! I was done with #3 but then had a thought to write at least one more chapter. It will fill out the story, and then the entire series will be written, but not edited--one of my unfavorite things to do! Put together a brochure on Sassy Pants. I will see if I can get it into the blog--arg! I have to scan it and treat it as a picture and that means moving, so sorry, not going to happen today!

I am in conversation with a gal in California about doing a live video broadcast to teach a class on burden bearing for her! I am going digital, but somewhat reluctantly--not quite sure about all this! But it seems a great way to speak and to market my books without the wear and tear of travel in addition.

So that does it for this report! Your prayers are much appreciated as we navigate these rough waters!

Blessings, Carol

No comments: