Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hot and Bothered!

Came back from church quite hot and that always bothers me, so you could say I was hot and bothered and you'd be right! Weather back here has been seriously hot and morbidly muggy! On top of that I spilled hot coffee when I was trying to set down in my recliner--scalded my left wrist. A different day I took a chicken out of the rotisserie and the turning mechanism fell on my big toe. I think it's broken. It swelled up and is real stiff. My sympathies, Kendra. Now I'm really gimpy! Our church always has food before we worship so today I was stirring up a dish and burned my other wrist--depth perception askew. Is there a message here?

David has two more days on his heart monitor. It will be nice to be done with that. He had a couple days there where it only beeped once. We don't wake up anymore when it beeps. He still has to call Sparky to ask why the three month wait--but maybe the Lord has something in mind for those three months. I'm praying the Lord will just make his heart new--that is scriptural--and synchronize it with His own!

I'm working on getting material ready to advertise the books. Spent the majority of this week making brochures. They look really nice--almost like professional! You'd think I knew what I was doing. Actually, it's a toss up whether or not I'd be able to duplicate anything I did! But it's on there and it looks good! I am going to send a Sassy Pants brochure to the schools and the Highly Sensitive to some churches. The nice thing about having the brochure in my computer is that I can print when I need them rather than have to order xxxx!

Next phase is lining up speaking engagements and putting book reviews in the paper! I heard about doing a spot on TV--maybe look into that. Some people in Calif are talking about live video streaming. I think the discipline for the next period is to become fully digitalized. If I can do that without moaning and groaning and carrying on like a camel, that will be a good thing!

Not much else going on. If something exciting happens, I get it right on here! 

Blessings, Carol

3 comments:

Vanessa's Dad said...

I gave blood on Friday, and when they took my pulse, they found no skips (I have had an irregular heart beat for decades, but it seems to be getting better).

Michael

Carol J. Brown said...

I never fail to be amazed how busy you two are.

Looking forward to Sassy Pants!

Anonymous said...

Carol and David - Looking forward to synchronization for David's heart, know he is already god synchronized. I am looking to get your Sassy Pants books to our Palouse Library. I am a member of our Library support club. Mary Estes -- the one that signs Mom E on Meilee's blog. Yea the kids and grandkids will be here on Saturday. Oh yea more grandparent fixes.