It suddenly dawned on me that I had not told all you readers in blogger land the outcome of David's doctor visit of July 12. We were being all casual about it, it is just a mapping, no surgery--that would be scheduled we figured. But, no stress! He had one of those non-stop days scheduled so he would work, go to the doc, go back to work and then go to a meeting so I would not learn how things went until about 10:00. As it turned out when I came home from a trip to my sister's place to see her new carpet, there was David! He didn't have a meeting Mon. night--that will be next week! When he went to the doc they said he was a week early! Then he remembered! There was a bit of a caffufle in the scheduling. The cardio expressly said, "Do NOT schedule him with Dr. So and So--which they did. When he saw it he called and politely (I am sure) told them to fix it and schedule him with Dr. What's his Face. David wrote down the date with Dr. So and So but neglected to change it when rescheduled--Dr. What's his Face was not available until the 20th. Poor guy was a whole week off all day! A little evidence of some stress, me thinks.
My evidence of stress is a lovely case of hives! Never had allergies or hives until this year. The pollen dump, Mom's needs, David's health, my books!!! Too much I guess. My left forearm is sporting about four eruptions, several welts and itches mercilessly. For a while my shins itched as well--so badly in fact that one evening I drew blood with my scratching. When that happened I went for the corisone cream! At least they quit; it is just my arm right now.
We got the word out asking people to pray. I guess the Lord is giving us an extra week to get the prayer bank account a little fuller! When they do schedule the ablation David will be asking whether or not it is going to be an overnight in the hospital or if it will be an "out-patient" thing where they keep him for 23.95 hours just to make sure everything is operational and at the last minute release him. Don't know why the classification is important--probably has to do with how they charge you! $$$$
On top of David's issues I am on pins and needles waiting for galleys (first print out) of Sassy Pants. I have to proof read one last time. I actually mark up a book they are sending me and then sign papers and ship it back. They input any corrected typos and give the printer the high sign and he starts the press! Approximately 4 weeks after they get my paper work back, we will have a book! I thought it would be here today--no. So I cleaned house instead of editing!
So that's my report! I'll let you know the outcome of the actual mapping of the highways and byways of David's heart. It's the byways that are causing the problem--too many of them! Until next time . . .
Blessings, Carol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I appreciate the update. Sorry, David, that you have to wait an extra week, but good that you're getting the dr you want.
Post a Comment