Friday, September 17, 2010

Fall is here?

The rains have started and cooled things down--finally! It has been so beautiful the last few days that I could not stand it. I opened the windows and door. So sweet to hear the birds and the wind in the trees, but then my eyes swelled and began to itch. My nose was quick to follow suit! I do hope we have a super cold winter and all that pollen stuff freezes so hard it never comes back! The entire summer has been a sauna which the vegetation loves, and it proliferated with abandon! Ugh! I am glad the rain is here--maybe this will help it quit!

On to other things. Now, almost on the eve of his heart procedure David pops a hernia! Dang! They are putting him on blood thinners and you cannot repair a hernia while on blood thinners. This really puts a crimp in the old racquet ball game! What to do . . . go ahead with the heart stuff and hope the hernia waits or postpone the heart stuff, fix the hernia, and then put the heart back on the books?  But our kids have tickets already purchased!! David is going to try to find a doc tomorrow who can make a recommendation. In the meantime we are going to ask God to fix this one--please join us.

Had a rather hectic, wild week. Tuesday the new shipment of books came. Took a while to get my count and accounting straight. It looked like we were living in the Shipping Dept. Wed.-Friday! Today we sent the last batch of books to the various one who have been waiting for this second one on burden bearing/high sensitivity. The Mystery of Spiritual Sensitivity is primarily about GOD’s domain, what He did/does for us, and our reactions. I wrote it to give voice and vocabulary to how many experience life, to give hope and comfort as well as understanding of how the LORD designed us to bear burdens.

Highly Sensitive: Learning to Live With Your Gift, is about our domain—about the things we can choose to work on under GOD’s direction. It is about spiritual fitness—building in the structures, habits, and disciplines that will enable us to do "the good works that were designed for us to do from the beginning" (Ephesians 2:10)….This book is about the issues highly sensitive people wrestle with (like trust, boundaries and identity) and the inner structures needed to be built in to live a joy-filled life as a burden bearer, before the ‘gift’ kills you!... Highly sensitive people are not crazy, but they are different from many—and that is a good thing!

It was the Highly Sensitive books we were shipping right and left. Yeah!! Today on the way to massage we stopped at a new little botique in downtown Rockford (20 miles north of us). Can you believe this? They named the shop Sassy Pants! I had to go it and show her the book. She fell in love with it right away--she is going to sell them for me. She plopped them right down on the counter! Next week I will go better prepared with a consignment contract and everything! The lady has two girls just the age for this book. She wanted to know if there were more books so I got to tell her, yeah, three more coming!! I think we will work something out . . . they have festivals and events all the time. I can spend a day at her shop and be an artist in residence. She about flipped when I said that I wrote the book. So I'm going to put a little poster together and run off some brochures for people to take to show someone else! Yea! This is how it starts!


Oh, hey, my hives are going away. You'll never guess what was causing them--my "go-power" pill. Hives is listed as a "rare" side-effect and it said to stop using it immediately. Rats! Now what? Back to sleeping till noon and dragging around all day? I hope not!
Enough for today. 'Nite All!

2 comments:

Carol J. Brown said...

Well, both good news and not-so-good news. Hope David's heart surgery gets to stay on schedule, but mainly that you find a doctor with good advice as to how to proceed. (Maybe tickets can be exchanged for a later date.) Wonderful that your books are out, and the Sassy Pants book/store connection is great!

Vanessa's Dad said...

What a coincidence about the Sassy Pants store. Maybe you need to Google the name and some locations.

LOVE,
UNCA MIKE