I think the fat lady is warming up! I can almost hear it! Today we put Michelle on a plane for Alaska. The past two weeks have been a whirlwind. Meilee arrived on a Monday, rested Tuesday and then on Wednesday it all began. She drove us to and from procedures and then to the hospital on Thursday for heart surgery. When we were assured David was okay and out of pain we came home (about supper time). Then Michelle arrived and she & Meiliee started in on the problem furniture in our apt. They found a solution that opened up the space so we can have more than four people in the living area at a time! And then suddenly Meilee was gone!
They had this idea of "zones" for various activities. Michelle carried on and took the idea right into the storage area. Now this has been a thorn in my side for years. I can't push, shove, or lift . . . so the boxes just sat. After 41 years you collect a lot of debris--make that A LOT of debris! I think there were 3 dump runs and that many Goodwill runs. Now we have a zone for books, photos, yarn and crafts, "cases" and other papers for David to sort, label and date so that they can be shredded in due time. Toward the end I began to stress that it would not all be done before Michelle left and there I would sit in the boxes and piles unable to put it back but unable to live with it--David would become busy and there I would be. I broke out in hives! Gosh those things itch!
On Sat. I had a little gig. I went to my lawn party and when I came home all the mess was miraculously gone. The floor was vacumed, the kitchen mopped, and the apt. dusted!! I was "zoned out!" What do you do for kids like that? I am doing the only thing I can do--I will honor them and bless them. I will ask God to give them His very best. They protected their Dad's heart and well, his groin!! and I do believe they saved my sanity!
Tonight I am very thankful. I am enjoying my lovely little apt. God is good. In the morning I will enjoy a delightful brew on my new mando coffee maker and David will drive himself to work with a heart that does not race! God is very good!
Blessings, Carol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A beautiful blog. Glad things went so very well these last couple of weeks.
Love, Carol
Post a Comment