Thought I best update the fam! My foot is now darkly discolored, i.e. the bruising is very deep and doesn't come all the way to the surface. It makes my foot look weird. Practically all the swelling is down. For three weeks the arch remained so swollen and sensitive that I doubted the radiologist. I figured he was a newbie and could not yet recognize a hairline fracture! But yesterday I saw my regular doc and he assured me that what I was going thru was common and to be expected. I asked why my leg was still so sore. Come to find out, this kind of sprain tears the nerve endings and they do not heal quickly--they are very "touchy!" They heal 1 centimeter per day! Whew! I am able to carefully lie on my left side now going into week 4. For two weeks it was an impossibility, just hurt too much.
I am transitioning to walking slowly. At first I was using just the heel of my foot but now I can carefully put my weight down on all of it. Funny thing--I have either been in my chair or used a wheelchair now for three weeks so my brain has gone lazy on me and is feeling very sleepy and fuzzy and acting like it doesn't remember how to balance. I grab a walker rather than take a chance on another fall! So that is basically it. This episode has wrecked havoc on my exercise routine! Sigh. Back to square one.
The only hint of fall is another load of pollen! I guess the latest round of sneezing, coughing and blowing could be the last wheeze of summer! I doubt it--it is still hot and humid. Irene didn't cool down anything in Michigan! Can you believe my mom? She is pushing 90 and has ordered 2 bushel of tomatoes to can, lined up a granddaughter to help, got her dishwasher loaded with jars and tomorrow she is going to can them--and then go crawl onto the couch and die quietly! I told her I was not going to enable bad behavior. The whole endeavor is masochistic! She knows she will hurt like crazy! Oh, well! Guess her getting canning fever is another sign of fall coming!
Stay safe and be well!
Blessings, Carol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad there's some progress with your foot. I refuse to can ANYTHING, but three cheers for your mom!
I see you're professional blog is getting all the attention. :)
I totally understand!
Post a Comment