Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Latest

Okay, Cool Grandma B, here's the latest! I am back on my feet! Something still feels amiss, kind of a "thick" feeling right where the toe bones meet the arch bones on the top of the foot. I am not back to full exercise yet. I can walk for just so long and then it starts to hurt so I get off the treadmill or bouncer and let it rest. There is still one of the little muscles that stabilize the knee that is not quite back to normal. Like the foot, it complains after so long. But I am not about to go back to the doc. Got charged $196.00 for a physical because I did not specify a "wellness physical!" Medicare paid the handsome amount of $3.60! So impressed! (insert sarcasm) Guess this is a new medicare wrinkle--for a wellness physical they do a few more blood tests. Of course, they don't notify you of this new status! What a bunch of, well you know! I think I am done with the health care system. They will pay for ER so I wait until it gets that bad--unless David throws me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes!

Speaking of David. He had that tooth extracted that exploded on him. He was a hurting unit for several days, but now just has a hole in his head! Today he went to talk with the dentist about what is next--a bridge or an implant. He went to work directly so I don't have the update on that. He is back to the routine of full speed ahead until he crashes. That thing about teaching old dogs new tricks. . . say, I know a dog trainer! I'll ask her about old dogs!

The latest wrinkle with the books is that I have discovered a marketing network, the John316MarketingNetwork. It is a group of Christian authors who work together to promote each other's work. The goal is to publicize our books on each others facebook and blogs and urge our readers to go get the book on Amazon.com on the date specified. If you do, you are given a code that will let you in to a "Launch Page" which is a listing of all the free gifts you can get just because you bought this book on Amazon. Other members offer a free ebook, the first three chapters of a book, editing services, all kinds of things for a 24 hour period. The aim is to drive the book into best seller status in the category in which it is listed. Amazon looks at best sellers in its various categories to create its Best Seller list. The New York Times Best Sellers look at Amazon's list to create theirs! It's a numbers game, but with the numbers comes the fact that good, clean Christian literature is getting out into the general readership instead of all the witchcraft and perversion garbage. It is an effort to make a difference in society. It's a big goal but with everyone working together we can make an impact.

What I have been doing lately (and this is why I've not been blogging here) is just trying to wrap my mind around this network! Ai, yai, yai! It is like trying to put a saddle on an octopus! Just about the time you think you have it, the silly thing gets offended for some reason and squirts off in another direction! I finally decided to write each step down as I pick my way through and my friend of the engineer family is putting it into an ebook. I can come up with the bones and pick the path through, no problem. She can do the computer, no problem but her mind spins out and she becomes overwhelmed when trying to find her way through the maze. We make a good team. We figure if it is this overwhelming for us, it is for the next newbie. We are making the John316MN Newbie's Manual! We will document each and everything you need to do and tell you how to do it! Waaah, whoo!

In other news, my brother Tom got us a deer. That will come home with the nieces when they go out for Thanksgiving. Brother Denny is off in Mont. playing with the fish. He works at a fish hatchery during the winter trout spawning season. Brother Jim comes daily and checks Mom's meds. Brother Dale down in Florida is sitting with his wife who is on dialysis--renal failure, pancriatits and some kind of  muscle failure. No good prognosis. It is not unexpected, but you are never ready regardless of how much you know. He's appreciating all the prayer he can get these days. Sister Linda is perking along like me, "in great shape, for the shape she's in!" You know about Meilee and Michelle--although Michelle is not a steller blogger! She takes good pictures tho! Now I need to fish David's undershirts out of the dryer and fold clothes! Leaves are falling like crazy. If something exciting happens I'll let you know!

Blessings, Carol

1 comment:

The "other" Carol Brown said...

What a news-filled update!! Thank you so much. I would say something silly like: maybe things will settle down-- but I know better. Your lives are simply FULL.