We started off Sat. by getting haircuts. We may be old, but we don't have to look unkempt! Somehow we ended up in a shopping center. Oh! I said. "Men's Warehouse! Shall we stop" I have been adgitating for him to get some new drawers that have been fitted and if need be tailored. Changes in figure necessitate these measures from time to time. He stopped! Wow! We came out with two new shirts and three pair of pants and we can go back and have them taken in if he looses weight or uh, hem, let out if need be--by a for real tailor who is not ME! And by then, oh, my gosh, we were right by Arnies, so we stopped for lunch. By the time we got home I was so tired I fell asleep in my chair.
Some day you will have a picture of David's birthday cake! We did take a picture, today, the 16th, and then we consumed the most delicious trifle I can remember. The cake was bits and pieces of wedding cake that Carolyn, one of our small group members made for a wedding she will be catering. Ooooh! It was eyes rolled back in your head and you think you have died and gone to heaven good! Then she threw in a couple cups of blueberries, a couple of strawberries, some kiwi and encompassed the whole with whipping cream! What a birthday delight! I have never had trifle made with a chocolate cake. Must try it sometime. And with that yummy taste in my mouth and thought in my mind, I bid you all goodnight!
Blessings, Carol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment