Okay, so I hit a bump! I was all ready to keep up a running blog and immediately ran into a wall. I could not find the page to compose. Goofy blog just kept putting me into a new account. But today my trusty hubbie showed me where to find this place. I hope I can remember how I got here!!
So about the birds. Since moving downstairs all I had to see was the neighbor's back yard. It is nice enough, but David felt I need a little wildlife. Hmmm, that sounds interesting! We went to the farmer store and came home with a snazie blue plastic bird feeder, found an old broomstick, mounted it to a tree and sat down to watch the birds. However, the first visiter was, you guessed it, a squirrel! A few days later and the feeder was on the ground, broken. Alternate feeder from the garage, add a really big washer to the end of the broomstick. Watch the birds. A few days latter, second feeder is on the ground, broken, smashed, and seed all over the sidewalk. Okay, this is war!
We did not go back to the farmer store. We went to "Wild Birds, Inc." and bought a sturdy pipe, a middle section that looks like a stove pipe and then a top metal piece with a cute little metal birdie on top. Two big hooks on either side of the metal pole. I have not seen one squirrel even look at it! Big new bird feeder that holds 10 pounds of seed! It is a virtual flyway past our front door.
Also have moths and butterflies coming to sip from our butterfly bushes. Saw a humming bird moth! A very large moth but the wings work like a hummingbird. Very interesting! Maybe I will learn how to do pictures after I am sure I can post.
This effort to learn to post is from Grandma Verna's poke! She wrote us a letter that she checked the blog and there was nothing new. So go do something! I think that was the comment! Ha! So, we put up a bird feeder. Is that something? Hee, hee! Blessings, Carol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment