It was brutal, but we finally sent it! About a month ago my computer made a loud popping noise. And then, the blue screen of death appeared. "Stop! If you do anything you may damage your computer beyond repair and lose all your work!" Yikes! That is scary. Of course, David is away at a week long workshop and won't be home for days!
True to himself, David had to try to fix it. I was a constant drumbeat in the background. "The computer is dead. We need to order a new one. At last, he agreed. That began the research. . . . Not an article written that was not read. Not a review written that was not poured over, put into a spread sheet, numbers crunched, the atmospheric pressure entered into the equation and now at long last, a decision. Ah, but then he found that Dell was not the only one with some good configurations!!! AAAaaagh! I pulled my hair and turned blue! We had to make the order based on the information we had. No more information!!!
Last night we ordered me a new Dell Studio laptop with a 17" screen. It is so cool. With the big screen I can pull up two pages. When I am composing I can see my formatting much better. And, it is an eye pleasing plum color. Almost went for the basic black but went to Best Buy and saw the basic black--it reflects the light beautifully--it glares awfully!! And, it is a fingerprint magnet. No thanks. I would be compulsively cleaning the goofy thing!
We will be off to Georgia this next Thurs. to do a seminar on my book--and introduce the next one. Which, by the way is currently in the theological editing phase. When I get it back, at the latest by mid Sept., I input the corrections and additions and ship it off to the publisher. However, I have yet to see the promised contract. My contact, Ronda, has been on vacation, so I expect to see it next week.
Mom is doing better. We are hoping this cardiologist has found the magic bullet. Her BP has finally dropped down into the acceptable range. Now we need to take a close look at nutrition.
Another interesting intrusion into my life has been "essential oils." A friend of ours has been studying a type of aroma therapy--it involves massage using essential oils. She needed a guinea pig to work on to accumulate the number of hours needed for certification. She left me a book to read titled, The Healing Oils of the Bible. Quite fascinating. For example, cedar oil has a compound in it that can cross the blood/brain barrier and oxygenate the brain! Wow! Inhaling cedar fumes helps you concentrate and meditate. No wonder the temple in Jerusalem was made of cedar! We will see if it helps--wouldn't that be something!
So much has been happening, I am looking for some routine. I wonder where it went! Well, blessings on you all while I see if I can find what I did with routine!
Carol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great to read all about it.
Great Grandma B (by Michael)
Just found out you're posting. Now I see where Meilee gets her way with words.
Glad to hear you book leads to fun travel, and a second book in the works. Congratulations.
BROTHER MIKE
Post a Comment