Tuesday, September 1, 2009

In Recovery Mode

Wow! Did you see the size of that last post? Learning: Do NOT use the largest font size available! I tried to change it so the print was not all pushed together like that buy I just don't know enough about this stuff so I just left it! Won't do it again, though!

The seminar is over; recovery has begun! We arrived in Atlanta last Thursday evening. Had supper with our hosts and fell into bed. Got to sleep in and have some down time before the first class of the seminar on Friday evening. We picked up again at 8:30 the next morning. I taught four classes--two in the morning and two in the afternoon, supper break and David taught the last one. Again, we came home and crashed. Sunday morning we slept in, had a late lunch with a bunch from the seminar who didn't want it to be over, and by 5:00 we were on the road back to the airport for our flight home.

When I originally contacted Deanna, our hostess, about the possibility of having a practice seminar before filming DVDs, I said, "How about August when it is all hot , sticky and awful down there?" Well, what can I say? God loves me. He pulled in a cold front on Wed. and it rained the entire time we were there! It cooled it down about 10 degrees, took the smog and all the pollen out of the air! Only thing--it hung around and the airplanes were not getting in or going out! We were told that the Atlanta airport is the largest in the world--that's right, the world! And it was jam packed. Our plane was supposed to leave at 8:15 or so and we did not get out of there until 10:30! We pulled out of the Grand Rapids airport to come home at 1:00 a.m. Monday morning. Brutal. All that time I was sitting with my feet down which is not a good thing. Today is Tuesday and my legs are beginning to return to normal. At least it dos not feel like they are going to crack open.

The seminar went well. People were very appreciative of the teaching, and complimentary. Neat, neat people! Some of their stories make you cry; some you would love to bring home with you. Ah, but then what would you do with them! We have been invited back, which is nice. Sold a case of books, which is nice. David went back to work Monday morning. I do not know how he does that! The internship which he supervises will begin after Labor Day so there are lots of details. He is getting all his duckies is a row. I see his vapor trail periodically!

Next project is to finish up some "leaders guides" for folks who want to use this book and the next one for group discussions. I also need to develop a parent/teacher's guide" for Sassy Pants, sign that contract and get my first children's book into production. I'll do all that -- right after I take another nap!

Blessings, Carol

1 comment:

Vanessa's Dad said...

How exciting to read about your Book Tour Adventures! I'm trying not to be envious, but just Joyous for you.

LOVE,
MICHAEL