Yup! I did it. I completed the editing of the entire manuscript and sent it back to my editor to make sure I understood his scribblings. My eyes look something like road maps now, lots of squiggly red lines wandering all over! I won't tell you what the house looks like, because edit truly is all I did this week! David reminded me that I had not read the book aloud--or had him read it aloud. You hear things sometimes that you don't see. He would also like another chapter in there about an aspect of burden bearing that he encounters frequently in counseling. But I don't want to write it! I don't want to write anything more for this book. I want it just to be done! The only writing I want to do now is the fun stuff for kids! However, if God, the publisher, and Mark, my editor, as well as David, think it should be in there, well then, I guess it will be written. Sigh.
Got a neat email today from a lady I asked to write a testimony for the "testimony page" of my website. Here's what she said:
I have been seeking, struggling, for ten years to get separated from others' pain which was living in my insides. I knew I was what they call a "Burden Bearer", but didn't find much help to cope with it. Finally, materials are available to help with this, and for the first time in fifty years, I am often alone inside, just me and God!
To many people, the previous paragraph may not make sense. But if you, too, are a burden-bearer, you probably know exactly what I mean.
I like to give The Mystery of Spiritual Sensitivity book to people in my classes that I suspect are also more sensitive. They are amazed and relieved at finally being understood! The sensitive men, especially, appreciate the permission to be themselves.
Sometimes I work through the book's prayers with a person. The prayers themselves are effective, and also expose areas that we need to get further healing in. I am looking forward to Carol's next book!
Lori Wright
Ministry coordinator and trainer
www.HealingHeartsCOG.org
Carol,
I have been thinking how to say this, and I am not sure that I am fully satisfied with the above. If you have any suggestions to make it more understandable, I am open to that. I also don't know if you want to include any or all of my name and/or "qualifications".
Whew, what a season of change for the Church! It does make people more open to the ministry classes, when I advertise them as a way to get through the confusing changes going on in their lives!
I do want to teach some classes sometime specifically about burden bearing. How close is your new book? (Is it way too late to ask if you want some proof-readers??)
Thanks,
Lori
Lori Wright
Technical Support and Training
DataSelf Corp.
I think I will also use it for the "what people are saying" page of the book.
It is time to rest my weary eyes and become one with my recliner! The weather has changed. I can hear and smell the rain. Fall is here, time for hot chocolate and good books!
Blessings, Carol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment