Monday, September 21, 2009

Editing, editing, editing!

Oh! You have no idea how much of a labor of love blogging has been tonight! I go to post a new blog entry and it sends me to places I have never been before and asking for stuff I have never heard of and I have to call forth the dweller of the deep (David from his office!) to get me safely back to square one! AAAgh! Computer! Some yahoo on the other end comes up with yet a better idea and I have no clue what to do! Sigh, the price of remaining computer inept!

Yes, I am into editing book II! I am almost through chapter 5 of 11. Could it be that I could complete this in two weeks time? Oh, please say yes! I want to get on into the fun ones--this one is helpful, people need it, benefit from it--it is more important than fun. Oooh, that sounds shallow! This chapter has really pushed me to become more familiar with online Biblical reference works. Ugh! I have to use the online ones because the hard copies have such tiny print I can't read it, besides, each one weighs at least 50 pounds! Magnifying glass always has a curve to it and after a bit it makes me nauseous!

Edit is literally all I have done all week--and the house looks it. I figure I can pick up the clutter while the publisher is doing what publishers do. I bless Marie Calendar every time I take dinner out of the microwave!

David has launched the internship that he supervises at The Healing Tree where he works. Additionally, he and the other counselors have developed another course consisting of 54 hours of classes called Beyond the Basics. Counselor training stuff. He has been wound very tightly these past three-four weeks getting the syllabus put together and all the scheduling checked and double checked. I am hoping the pressure will ease a bit, soon. He is not sleeping as long or as well as he normally does.

Mom is doing quite well. After this last bout in the hospital she has acquired a new cadre of doctors. Her new GP is a Polish immigrant with an accent so thick you could cut it with a knife! Mom can't understand a word she says, but Sue, my sister-in-law goes with her, and she has no trouble. Sue is married to Jim, brother 2 of 4. He has relieved me and is now the primary care giver and I fill in when they are gone. This new GP doc is eliminating meds--how is that for a switch? So, the BP is stablizing and as long as she doesn't over-indulge on company or exercise she does pretty good. Had to sort of give up walking to the mailbox every day--didn't like that, but better to let David pick it up when he came home than to have a fall. Going to the mailbox entails going up about a 30-40 degree incline. It challenges the heart a bit much some days!

It has been a long day. Blessings all. May you sleep well and deeply. Carol

No comments: